A couple of weeks ago I got a tweet from Max Factor saying that I had won a virtual consultation with a Max Factor makeup artist. Yay. Today I am going to share with you what Mari Jelle (the Max Factor makeup artist) told me. Her top tips regarding contouring.
So Max Factor suggested some times for the Skype consultation and I chose to have mine during my lunch break. I had to find a quiet room which I did and waited for them to call me on Skype. The makeup artist, Marie, was so pleasant and smiley, so I immediately felt comfortable. She asked me what I’d like to learn about or talk about and of course I said,
She sat close to the camera and asked me a few questions about what products Iuse to contour and what brush. I told her (Toofaced Cocoa Contour Palette and a Sephora brush). She then showed me what other kinds of brushes I could use.
Marie’s Top Tips.
- Start from almost the top of your ear and stop close to your eye.
- After contouring, add your blush.
- When you blend your contour you should move your brush upwards. Always go up, not down.
- When applying bronzer, start with your forehead and move to all the places where the sun would ” catch you”.
- Highlighter goes above your cheek bones, nose, above your lip’s cupid bow and some on the chin (just a bit).
- Blend everything carefully. If you do not blend you will be left with lines and we don not want lines. Uh-uh .
- If you make mistakes, you can “correct” them by using your powder.
We spent about 25 minutes chatting. She also showed me some of the Max Factor products. It was a great experience and I am thankful for this opportunity to talk to someone who works at a brand’s headquarters.
I love contouring. I have seen a change in the way my makeup looks and am now a contouring addict.
So, that’s all for now. Don’t forget to subscribe (check my sidebar on how to do that) and connect with me on Pinterest / Twitter/ Instagram/Google+.
See you soon.
*In the mood for shopping makeup? Check out Beauty Bar
(This is an affiliate link. You do not pay extra for your purchase, you just help me keep this blog going xx Thank you xx)
This is not a sponsored post