I am a teacher and I just published a blog post with ideas on what teachers can do with the students and then I thought, ” Hey waht about mums and dads?”. So, I have adapted my blog post and have written a post with ideas on what you can do with your kids. Here are some ideas 😀
- Christmas/holidays around the world project: Get your kids to find information about how Christmas is celebrated around the world. It may be a good idea to do some research on how people in Australia celebrate cause it is summer over there :). You can also send your them to this website and ask them to out.
- Sock Snowman: Make a snowman out of a sock.
- 3D paper tree: Again time for some video-viewing. Make some 3D paper trees and decorate your house with them.
- Christmas gingerbread men streamers. Get a string of paper and get each student to draw a gingerbread man. Then cut out the men and make a hole on the top of the paper and hang it in your house.
|Picture from http://www.enchantedlearning.com. Found here|
- Make gingerbread men: watch the recipe with your children and then make gingerbread men.
- Make decorative banners using various Christmas Fonts with your kidss. You can find free Christmas fonts here.
- Online Christmas trivia: Get your kids to answer questions about the holidays.This can be done online. You can find the quiz here.
- Pin Rudolph’s red nose. How do you play? Find a picture of Rudolph online, blindfold your kids, turn them round in circles for a bit, and then ask them to pin Rudolph’s nose. This activity is loads of fun and young ones.
- How about watching a movie related to the holidays? Here are some movie ideas:
The Polar Express
Frosty the Snowman
Miracle on 34th Street
The Muppet Christmas Carol
It is a wonderful life
- Go to audible.com and use the free trial option to listen to Charles Dickens audiobook (it is 2hrs 54 mins long).
- Play Christmas word snake. How is this played? Each person takes turns to write a word connected to holiday season on the board. The final letter of A’s word is the first letter of B’s word.
- Time to make a card for the Holidays! You can find templates here or improvise!!
- Play Holiday season Bingo (make word or picture Bingo cards). You can find templates here.
So, that’s all for now. Happy planning your Christmas/ Holiday season exercises. Feel free to add any ideas in the comments section below. Don’t forget to follow/ subscribe to my blog :). Check the sidebar on how you can connect with me. Give this post a ‘like’ , if you want me to make more posts like this one.Thanks for stopping by!!
Till next time…..